A sitting High Court in Benin City, Edo State has sentenced six suspected internet fraudsters (yahoo boys) to prison.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission disclosed this in a statement, as the face charge of impersonation.
- 7 nabbed over energy theft, metre tampering in Kwara
- Firm unveils code for bill settlement
- FG urged to use Poly research findings for national devt
- Biofortification can address malnutrition – NABDA boss
- Dana Air decorates new captain
“Six internet fraudsters were on Thursday, September 29, 2022, convicted and sentenced to prison by Justice Efe Ikponmwonba of Edo State High Court sitting in Benin City. They were arraigned by the Benin Zonal Command of the EFCC, separately on a one-count charge of impersonation and obtaining by false pretense,” EFCC wrote.
Below are the names of the suspected Yahoo boys;
- Osaigbovo Lawrence
- Aisosa Akele
- Lawson Osarodion Idemudia
- Adekoya Babatunji
- Ikhimeagie Wilfred
- Nwazi Ebuka.