Connect with us


Chrisland School student, Whitney, buried as autopsy confirms cause of death

Whitney Adeniran, a 12-year-old girl student at Chrisland High School in Ikeja, Lagos, was buried yesterday after an autopsy was performed on her body to determine the cause of her death on February 9. Whitney was claimed to have fallen and died during her school’s inter-house sports tournament at Agege Stadium in Agege, Lagos State.

Mrs Blessing Adeniran, her mother, verified that her daughter died as a result of electrocution. According to her, an inquiry revealed that her daughter died from electrocution while participating in the school’s athletic activities at Lagos’s Agege Stadium.

In addition, the Lagos State government said Wednesday that the late 12-year-old kid died of hypoxia and electrocution.

According to a statement issued yesterday in Lagos by the office of the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN), the post-mortem report issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital on Wednesday revealed that her cause of death was asphyxia and electrocution.

It went on to say that the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) had been directed to offer legal opinion on the subject immediately.

“The Lagos State government commiserates with the deceased family, while reassuring Lagosians that anybody found culpable would immediately be charged to court,” said the statement.
In a live video on Wednesday on her official Instagram business account, Mrs Adediran said an autopsy carried out to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death revealed that it was electrocution.

Before the autopsy, the parents of the deceased had insisted that their daughter was hale and hearty before leaving home on the said day, but the school management denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the young girl “slumped” at the stadium.

Unable to control her emotions, Mrs Adediran said she has been subjected to trauma in the last three weeks since her daughter passed on, adding that the school contributed to the trauma by allegedly “pushing false narratives to protect their reputation.

She said: “They made me think I was crazy, they started pushing the narrative that she was sick. I told them, I don’t want trouble, I want answers. They came to my house. I knelt down, begged and pleaded that I don’t want my daughter butchered for autopsy’s sake.

“I told them my daughter is already dead, and I don’t want to put her through that, and my husband told them we have been hearing rumours of electrocution and asked them to help us investigate these rumours, but they refused.

“They sent a letter to me and my husband that they just want to assure us that they did everything humanly possible to save my daughter’s life.”

Mrs Adediran added that the family would sue the school in a law court to seek redress.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *