Connect with us

News

Abure’s house gutted by fire

Residence of the National Chairman of Labour Party (LP), Barrister Julius Abure, was gutted by fire in the early hours of Wednesday.

According to the National Publicity Secretary of LP, Mr Obiora Ifoh, the mysterious fire started a few minutes after 1am when Abure and members of his family were asleep.

Ifoh quoted a member of the family as saying they were woken up by neighbours and security men living in the compound.

“The entire family were trapped as the inferno had reached the staircase making it impossible for Abure and family to escape.”

“However, it took divine intervention for the national chairman and his family to escape after neighbours and security men gallantly pulled down one of the windows upstairs making ways for the family to escape.

“Men of the Fire Service arrived shortly after Abure and his family were evacuated.

“Abure and his family were rushed to a private hospital where they are presently receiving treatment. Their condition is however stable,” Ifoh said.

Some of the photos of the fire incident showed some burnt part of the apartment, with another showing a place that look like a inverter battery compartment.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *