#NigeriaElections2023: INEC begins uploading presidential results on website
The Independent National Electoral Commission has begun uploading polling unit results for the presidential election of 2023 to its website.
As of 11:35 p.m. on Saturday, 4,102 polling unit results had been uploaded out of a total of 176,846.
Yiaga Africa, a civil society organization, had previously expressed concern about INEC’s failure to upload results on its result viewing portal hours after voting had begun in some polling units across the country.
The commission created the INEC Rev portal to allow presiding officers to upload polling unit results.
- “I’ll Defend Interest Of Students Under NANS” Says Chairman-Elect, Temitope Sharp
- FCMB Plans To Use N20.68b To Avert Liquidation After Silicon Valley Bank Collapse
- Mitchell Elegbe Named Entrepreneur of the Year (West Africa) by Ernst and Young
- Olam Agri Partners Asian Research College To Improve Sustainability In Agric Sector
- Stanbic IBTC Empowers Nigerian Export Business Owners
In a tweet made on its official handle @YIAGA, the electoral monitoring group said it was “deeply concerned” that results had yet to be uploaded to the site, noting that voting and counting had ended in several polling units.
The tweet read, “Update: Yiaga Africa is deeply concerned with the delay in uploading polling unit results for the presidential election on the INEC election result portal. As of 7pm on election day, no result was uploaded after voting and counting ended in several polling units. #NigeriaDecides2023”.
The civil society organisation also posted a photo of the INEC website, showing that no result had been uploaded from all the polling units across the country.